Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1889 Kanji Characters

It's been slow going for a while now but I'm 153 away from finishing the book. I would have said that's just a few weeks away but it seems that every week now something comes up and I end up add only 10 or so kanji. The current chapter is a mixed bag of kanji that don't really fit into the scheme at all and is supposedly the most difficult chapter. I hope I can finish the whole thing before December. I'd like to be able to say I cracked it in less than a year. At this point there is no way I'm giving up!

Some stats - I've done 22451 repetitions, that means I've written that many kanji. So on average I've written each one about 12 times which is not so bad really. I have an 88.2% success rate on "mature cards" which is also OK but I find recently that cards from 6 months ago are coming up and I'm flummoxed. I think Anki is a bit too aggressive in increasing the interval between repetitions. I could tune that but at this point it's mostly working and I don't want to screw with it. I've been doing this for for 319 days. On 160 of them I added new kanji, on 159 of them I added no new kanji.

Finally a graph:

No comments: