Sunday, June 28, 2009

Movie: Blood, the Last Vampire

I went to see it tonight. It was mostly OK, some good action scenes but often things were moving too quickly to really be able to appreciate it. I found myself wanting to watch Ong Bak,the super-awesome Thai movie starring Tony Jaa. It's super-awesome because there's no wire-work in it. I dislike wire fighting. If you're going to do it with wires, you may as well just do it with camera tricks or CGI and then even I could do it - not awesome at all. The stuff Tony Jaa does in Ong Bak is just fantastic and - more importantly - surprising and often funny.

Aaaaaanyway. Blood is essentially Blade but instead of Wesley Snipes the half-vampire vampire killer is a Japanese schoolgirl. What could possibly go wrong? Mostly nothing goes particularly wrong or right. Add in an unsatisfying ending and you've got "meh".

I would have been annoyed if I hadn't managed to get to it but I'll have forgotten about it in a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Last Vampire is a thrilling action horror movie about an undercover demon-hunting vampire slayer.It is once in a lifetime kind of material!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls go and see it......... You'll judge yourself. To enjoy this movie you can download it here Download blood The Last Vampire

Stacy Morley said...

Great blog I enjooyed reading