Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Links for the lisbon treaty

This treaty is getting me worked up but I don't have time to read around properly. I have a bunch of tabs open in my browser that I want to get through but they're just getting in my way right now.

This is the quote that pisses me off most of all, from Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, Le Monde, June 2007

"Public opinion will be led to adopt, without knowing it, the proposals that we dare not present to them directly" ... "All the earlier proposals will be in the new text, but will be hidden and disguised in some way."
I have heard not yet a single thing that would make me want to vote "yes" but even if I had, who the hell would trust a deliberately incomprehensible bunch of legalese written by someone who publicly admits he's trying to pull a fast one?

No comments: