Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jon Pilger on Suharto (who is dead)

Jon Pilger dishes the usual dirt on Suharto, his attrocities in East-Timor, the complicity of western governments, in particular Australia but pretty much everyone gets a mention. He also includes this fabulous snippet from an interview he did with Alan Clark (British defence minister under Thatcher)

Shortly before he died, I interviewed Alan Clark, who under Thatcher was Britain's minister responsible for supplying Suharto with most of his weapons. I asked him, "Did it bother you personally that you were causing such mayhem and human suffering?"

"No, not in the slightest," he replied. "It never entered my head." "I ask the question because I read you are a vegetarian and are seriously concerned with the way animals are killed."

"Yeah?"

"Doesn't that concern extend to humans?"

"Curiously not."
Cunt.

No comments: